No one tagged me and I'm not doing any tagging. Just wanted to play. So, here it goes.
1. Greed- What is your most expensive book?
I have a few signed limited editions of Joe R. Lansdale books, but they weren't terribly expensive. At one time I had a first Grant edition of Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass. That is the most expensive book I have ever owned. I have a Times Atlas of the World that didn't come cheap...if that counts.
2. Wrath- What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Peter Straub. He wrote what I consider to be the best horror novel ever (Ghost Story), but nothing else he has written has even come close for me. While all of his work is solid, it tends to underwhelm, especially when compared to the greatness that is Ghost Story.
3. Gluttony- What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame?
I seldom re-read, but again, I'm going with Ghost Story here. It has the ability to bring my imagination back to life.
4. Sloth- Which book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
I always think I'm going to read Atlas Shrugged someday. I doubt I ever will.
5. Pride- What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
I am not very well read in the classics. I guess as close as I get is The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
6. Lust- What attributes do you find attractive in a male or female character?
Intelligence and self-reliance. A character who does not need a physical description for me to know that she is attractive.
7. Envy- What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
A hardcover of Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon would be swell.